Rezoning of property on East Main and bids on several items, as well applying for grants and the sale of city property, are among the items before the Henderson Board of Mayor and Aldermen this week.
The meeting is set for 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11, in the council chambers of City Hall, 121 Crook Ave.
The agenda includes:
• Consider action on the Ordinance to Rezone property from R-2 Residential to B-1 General Business located at 513 East Main Street. A public hearing will be held on this item, followed by consideration of passage.
• Consider and approve bids received on Material to be used by the Public Works Department for until June 30, 2020.
• Consider approving the purchase of a pickup truck on state contract by the Public Works Department.
• Consider a resolution authorizing the city to apply for a Public Entity Partners “Safety Partners” Grant.
• Approve the sale of the City Industrial Building at 60 Record Drive to the Utility Department.
• Consider approving quotes on the installation of a security fence around the property located at 60 Record Drive for the Utility Department.
• Consider purchasing 50 residential gas meters and 20 one-inch waters by the utility department.
• Any other business.
The Board also will examine the usual reports on Citywide Funds, City Budget, Utility Budget Report with P&L Summary Coversheet, Utility Service Log, Police Report, Fire Report and other information.
The meeting is open to the public.